Holy Week & Easter Services, Mar. 25-Apr.1
March 13, 2018
- On the road to Easter….
- Sunday of the Passion and Palm Sunday - March 25: 8:30 am said Book of Common Prayer Holy Communion. Come and wave a palm branch as we process between the Parish Hall and the church building for the Eucharist at 10:30 a.m. “The liturgy for Palm Sunday invites us to follow our Lord this week “from the glory of the palms to the glory of the resurrection by way of the dark road of suffering and death”. In making that journey, we pray “united with Him in his suffering on the cross, may we share his resurrection and new life” Join us each evening through Holy Week as we set time apart of contemplation and a brief service.” Fred Hiltz, Archbishop and Primate
- Monday, March 26 - 6:00 pm Evening Prayer in the Church
- Tuesday, March 27 - 6:00 pm Evening Prayer in the Parish Hall followed by Parish Council meeting.
- Wednesday, March 28 - 6:00 pm Evening Prayer in the Church
- Maundy Thursday, March 29 - 6:00 pm Service in the Church with the Washing of Feet, Holy Communion and Stripping of the Altar.
- Good Friday, March 30 10:00 am - New this year - join us for a beautiful service and enjoy the Stabat Mater musical movement. Following the service you are welcome to join Father Lon for a Prayer Walk in the community - “church outside our walls”. Or stay for a time of quiet contemplation in the church building.
- Easter Sunday, April 1 - Sunrise Service at Saxe Point 7:00 am - an opportunity to celebrate with other Esquimalt churches. 8:30 am - Book of Common Prayer said service with baptism, 10:30 am - Book of Alternative Services Eucharist with Baptisms. 2:30 pm - Easter Service with Eucharist at Gorge Road Hospital