Events This WeekJun25Sun8:30 am 8:30 Worship Service. Usually Book of Common Prayer Holy Communion Service8:30 Worship Service. Usually Bo…Jun 25 @ 8:30 am – 9:30 am10:30 am Sunday Service: 10:30 AM, Come and Meet the Living Christ!Sunday Service: 10:30 AM, Come a…Jun 25 @ 10:30 am – 12:00 pmJun27Tue1:00 pm Craft Group meets in the Pearcy RoomCraft Group meets in the Pearcy …Jun 27 @ 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm5:30 pm Neighbouhood Open House about St. Peter & St. Paul PropertyNeighbouhood Open House about St…Jun 27 @ 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm
Monthly Archives: August 2016
If you have questions that you do not see the answers to please E-mail the rector, The Ven. Lon Towstego at email@example.com, or call our Church Office at 250-386-6833, Tuesday-Friday from 9AM-1PM. Ann Barry is our Parish Administrative Assistant.
Tours of the Church can be arranged by calling Ann.
Rector: The Ven. Lon Towstego
STEWARDSHIP – A RADICAL GENEROSITY: A church runs on the love of God, service to each other, and financial support of its members
STEWARDSHIP – A RADICAL GENEROSITY: A church runs on the love of God, service to each other, and financial support of its members.
The Anglican Parish of St. Peter and St. Paul in Esquimalt, BC is anchored by the historical St. Paul’s Naval and Garrison Church. We have many parishioners who have generational history at St. Paul’s as well as numerous newcomers. We live all over the South Island and come together at services to worship God and spend time with each other.
Our Parishioners are involved in 35 ministries ranging from knitting prayers shawls, through community outreach, fellowship events, to participating in Sunday services. We love our church and our community.
Just like our households, a church has to meet recurring monthly operational expenses.
Those expenses are met through the regular givings of our congregation.
Methods of regular giving:
- Weekly donations can be put directly into the collection plate at worship service. Regular donors have an envelope number which ties the givings to the parishioner. Those givings are presented to God as the first fruits of what He has provided to us, taken to the altar for blessing.
- Electronic Collection Plate. These are regular givings that are drawn directly from the giver’s bank account on a monthly basis, upon signed approval. Parishioners signify their giving by putting an envelope or card in the collection plate, or simply by touching the plate as it passes.
- Contributions through Canada Helps. This is an on-line service that helps connect donors with the charity of their choice. Charitable donations receipts are given directly by Canada Helps and the donation deposited into the Parish’s bank account. A small administrative fee is withheld by Canada Helps.
Sometimes parishioners have a special wish and provide an extra amount for certain concerns. These funds can be provided in all the ways detailed above.
What special items do people give extra for?
- Altar flowers
- Kitchen supplies
- Lunches provided on holidays
- General purpose at the discretion of the parish
- Other specific interests
The Parish runs on the energy, talents and financial contributions of its parishioners, their families and the larger community.
Please contact the church office to enquire about Electronic Collection Plate, envelopes, special needs, and Estate Planned Giving.